At BGCSM, Safety is our #1 Priority
The safety of our campers and staff is our top priority and we take this responsibility very seriously. We are committed to making each Club just as safe as the Frontline and Essential Workers Youth Program we offered in May. BGCSM staff are well-trained and experienced in keeping youth and staff safe, especially during these unprecedented times.
Safety Standards for BGCSM Clubs
BGCSM’s safety policies and procedures are derived from the CDC’s guidelines and follow best practices of national organizations who provide childcare services. All policies and procedures will be enforced at all times with strict daily oversight from on-site building leaders. collaborated with the American Camp Association to create educational resources for camps, parents, and campers as well as state and local health departments.
Also, we will have designated programmable spaces which meet the six-foot distance requirement and outdoor spaces. Those spaces will be set up with technology and safe distances will be marked on floors using tape. See below or click here to review the BGCSM Summer Camp Safety Manual above to see camp operations guide we’re following which include the following protocols:
- Children and staff will have their temperature taken daily. If the reading is at 99.5 degrees or higher, that individual will not be able to enter the Club.
- Staggered curb-side drop-off and pick-up.
- Ample access to hand washing and hand sanitizer stations, especially at check-in, before meals and after restroom use.
- Lower ratio camp groups spread throughout the whole facility and outside.
- Any snacks or meals that are offered at the Club will be prepackaged in a grab and go style that doesn’t need to be prepared by or served by staff.
- Every hour including mid-day, and at end-of-day, staff will clean & disinfect commonly touched surfaces. This includes but isn’t limited to doorknobs, countertops, handles, keyboards, touch screens, toilets, faucets, sinks, phones, program equipment & supplies (balls, tables & seats, etc.).